At Deepdene Preschool we acknowledge the traditional owners of our land. We recognise the Wurundjeri People, whose land we continue to build our community on today.
Deepdene Preschool's learning philosophy is both child-centred and play-based. We believe that play is crucial to the development of children.
It is the way they explore, discover and learn about their world, each other and themselves. We see children as being active participants in their own learning and recognise that this will happen best in an environment that provides enjoyable and engaging experiences.
At Deepdene Preschool, we are committed to:
- Ensuring our preschool is a safe, inclusive and fun place for children to be, where children are supported and encouraged to be creative, given time to explore, investigate, express curiosity, ask questions and wonder in their environment.
- Establishing a sense of belonging and self-worth in our children by supporting the wider community through the connections between our children, their families, our parent committee and kindergarten staffs. Celebrating different cultures and values and supporting all children and families of diverse abilities and perspectives.
- Encouraging use of the outdoor environment to promote outdoor play which in turn provides opportunities for physical development and also engages children in experiencing the seasonal changes.
- Developing children's environmental and conservation awareness by encouraging wise water usage, power saving, recycling, worm farming, composting vegetable gardening and waste minimization.
- Delivering a quality experience for all children through 5 key aspects:
Professionalism, Sustainability, Respect, Honesty and Integrity